Slurry pump impeller and volute liner are most frequently changed parts of slurry pumps, why? The following analysis could help you know more of the problem:
1) The mutual chemical liquid slurry transport response, the electrical potential difference caused by chemical corrosion, slurry pump impeller and volute liner are direct contact with the slurry liquid
2) Since transport liquid containing solid impurities, which will cause wear and tear tempered, too hard and too sharp particles also can damage impeller and liner very quickly;
3)There is a deviation between slurry pump design point and operation, causing rapid corrosion of the components.Engineer should chosen suitable slurry pumps for different conditions, in order to avoid this problem.
4) The slurry liquid may contain large amounts anaerobes, which will cause corrosion damage to slurry pump impeller and liner. So, it will be much better to apply some lubricant one these parts to isolation air.
5) Cavitation damage by bad working condition, even just bolt loose problem. So do pump checking work very carefully.
6) The slurry liquid may contain too much chloride ions cause pitting and intergranular corrosion. Change the impeller and liner to suitable material if this happened.
7) Slurry pump impeller and liner are fatigue due to vibration lead to damage problem.
8) The operating temperature is too high when slurry pump working.
9) Slurry pump liner is over pressure when running the pump
10)There are mistakes when assembly the slurry pump.
The above10 points can fully explain why the slurry pump impeller and slurry pump liner maybe the shortest working life parts, as long as all the solutions for these reasons, we believe that you can greatly increase the life of them . For more information, welcome to contact us